Greystar Properties - Trash, trash, trash for $27 a month
Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure.$27 is half of my monthly internet bill.
Needless to say, the trash fee is a rip-off. If Greystar doesn't own the trash company who extorts the tenants on a monthly basis, I would be surprised. One would think that for $27 a month there wouldn't be bags of trash all around the property. One would think that for $27 a month someone would police the property to make sure tenants abide by the trash policy.
I don't know what happened to the old property manager, but Yolanda Burke our 6 month property manager seems unwilling or unable to address the situation in a timely manner. Maybe she doesn't understand this is a public health issue. Trash attracts rodents. Rodents bring disease.
I offered to walk the property with Yolanda Burke. I took her silence as a decline. There is no trash pick-up on Friday or Saturday nights. One bag of trash is supposed to be placed in a trash receptacle.
The receptacle is placed outside of the tenant's door. Dirty trash receptacles are supposed to be taken in by 9am by the tenant who put it out the previous night. Yes, trash receptacles are supposed to remain outside all night and then brought back inside. Where I'm from, we had trash cans inside the home and trash cans outside the home - we never had a trash can that was indoor/outdoor.
The concept seems very unsanitary. I choose to walk my trash to the trash compactor located at the back of the property. These pictures were all taken ONE Sunday morning - May 4, 2014. The pictures document trash and other hazards that are a violation of Greystar policy.
I don't know if this is Greystar wide, but at Remington Park in Houston - there is clearly a culture of "i don't give a ***". I've lived here 6 years. It wasn't always this way. The Soprano's-like waste management fee being extorted from the tenants is going on 2 years old.
Remington Park was a cleaner, more pleasant place to live before being extorted $27 for the pleasure of filth. I have 18 photos, but unfortunately I am limited to 10 for posting. The tally on my monthly loss is at $648 and counting. And this is not because I don't use the trash service.
It is because tenants are not using it properly and there is little to no enforcement worth mentioning as you can see.Garbage can be found all over the property.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Trash Policy
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "Dresses are knock offs poor quality and stitching was already coming undone and dress was see through. Paid $33.60 for a dress wanted to return for a refund said they..."
- "And about the stevie award check my google plus. Veronica a. Meza. Youll see a bunch of comments in my post and photos. The reposting i..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."