Greystar Properties - Greystar = Greedy
We just moved out from The Gates this month and received a bill in the mail CHARGING us $945.00 for painting, cleaning, blinds, trash removal, & pet seal. WE LIVED THERE FOR 7.5 YEARS!!!
The painting charges are ridiculous not only because WE LIVED THERE 7.5 years but on top of that they have to remodel the apartment anyway and in the new remodeled apartments the walls are cream (vs white). They have to replace blinds anyway because new color are white (vs cream) plus the blinds in at least 1 room were NEVER touched so I have a hard time they are damaged.
We have a cat so can understand wanting to put a pet seal down but what heck did I pay pet rent for the last 7.5 years. Not certain how much it was a month like $15 - $20/mo that is $1350 - $1800 I've paid just in pet rent and I think that should more than cover the cost of seal.
I cleaned that place very well but yes it was lived in and had a good bit of wear & tear but nothing extraordinary. THEY ARE REMODELING ANYWAY!!! They putting in new cabinets, counter tops, appliances, flooring, carpet. What is left to clean??? No idea what "trash" removal they are referring too. I did a walk through to make sure we grabbed everything and as far as I know we did.
I find these charges ridicouls and unnecessary. Management still hasn't called me back yet. They were very unresponsive when we lived there so can't imagine that will change (until they don't get their money) but I will fight this.
This isn't the only issues we've had with them and kind of feel like these charges are being charged just because they think they can treat people like this.
In the zip code (which is an upscale area) where this complex is located the apartments in the same price point get a 80%+ rating on apartmentratings.com but The Gates gets a 33%. The only apartments below it are the slum lord ones where you rent by the week.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a property through US invest after talking to Ryan McFarland. Ryan guaranteed the property would be refurbished and that it was in a good area. After purchasing the property US..."
- "These are some of the problems. I have reported in the home. Caroline refuses to come to the home to see the issues. These are not pricely repairs, this is..."
- "I have only lived at Sandpiper for a short period of time however my roommate has lived there a little longer and since our lease isn't up for a few..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."